Client with Special needs (NVQ Level 04)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 12 months
- On the Job Training – 06 months
- O/Level or above / NVQ III
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S010Q2L4
Care Giver (Client with special needs) NVQ Level IV certificate
- N85S010U01 Maintain the relationship with the client
- N85S010U02 Attend domestic affairs of the client
- N85S010U03 Prepare living area of the client
- N85S010U04 Maintain personal hygiene and appearance of the client
- N85S010U05 Maintain nutrition of the client
- N85S010U06 Provide drug treatment
- N85S010U07 Check and record vital signs
- N85S010U09 Care of post natal mother & newborn
- N85S010U10 Care of an infant/ toddler
- N85S010U11 Care of the child