Nurse assistant (NVQ Level 04)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- To provide training that will enable them to work in hospitals, long- term care facilities, or home care set up, consultant’s clinics etc.
- To produce intellectual and professionally competent Health Care Assistants.
- To encourage in participating in continuing education.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 08 months.
- On the Job Training – 03 months.
- O/ Level or SLQF I
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S002 Q1L3.
Nurse Assistant NVQ Level IV Certificate.
- N85S002BM01 Communication Skills for Workplace
- N85S002BM02. Roles and Responsibilities of a Nurse Assistan
- N85S002BM03Occupational Safety & Health
- N85S002BM04Team Work
- N85S002M01 Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- N85S002M02 Unit Preparation
- N85S002M03Cliental Hygiene and Grooming
- N85S002M04 Nutritional needs and Techniques
- N85S002M05 Eliminatory needs
- N85S002M06Vital Signs
- N85S002M08Care of Elderly Client and end of life care
- N85S002M09End of life care
- N85S002M10 Care of special needs
- N85S002M11Care of wound
- N85S002M12Assisting Advance Nursing Procedures
- N85S002M13Care of Post Natal Mother & New Born Baby
- N85S002M14Basics in First Ai