Care Giver (NVQ Level 04)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
Minimum qualification – Gr.10 – Gr.11.
Age between 18 to 45.
The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 12 months
- On the Job Training – 06 months
- O/Level or above / NVQ III
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S010Q5L4
Care Giver NVQ Level IV certificate
- N85S010U01 Maintain the relationship with the client.
- N85S010U02 Attend domestic affairs of the client.
- N85S010U03 Prepare living area of the client.
- N85S010U04 Maintain personal hygiene and appearance of the client.
- N85S010U05 Maintain nutrition of the client.
- N85S010U06 Provide drug treatment.
- N85S010U07 Check and record vital signs.
- N85S010U08 Care of an elderly person.
- N85S010U09 Care of post natal mother & newborn.
- N85S010U10 Care of an infant/ toddler.
- N85S010U11 Care of the child.
- N85S010U12 Care of a client with special needs.