Diploma in Nursing
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- Demonstrate integration of knowledge, skills and professional attitudes through the use of clinical evidence of reasoning.
- Integrate inter-professional communication and collaborative skills to optimize holistic patient care.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness, sensitivity and competency in providing Nursing care to individuals, families and within a diverse society.
- Make clinical judgments using reflection, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Collaborate with patients and healthcare professionals to develop and implement culturally appropriate health promotion, disease prevention and illness care methods.
- Identify threats to safety and develop strategies to minimize risk of harm to individuals and populations.
- Dedicate towards advancing a culture of professional excellence and achievement through lifelong learning.
- Effective collaborators of healthcare committed to improving best practices in health promotion, disease prevention, quality, safety and equality.
- Incorporate effective communication and collaboration skills to form partnerships to provide care and to promote positive outcomes to a diverse society in a global context.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- A/ Level / SLQF II / NVQ level IV
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
Diploma in Nursing (SLQF IV), NVQ VI
Register your seat
- Basic Hygiene
- Basic needs
- Bed Mechanics
- Community Health
- Medical Surgical
- Critical Care