Dental Surgery Nurse Assistant (NVQ Level 04)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 12 months
- On the Job Training – 06 months
- O/Level or above / NVQ III
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S010Q2L4
NVQ Level IV Certificate
- N85S004U01 Prepare the dental unit (clinic)
- N85S004U02 Perform relevant supportive activities of the dental clinic
- N85S004U03Communicate with customer/guardian
- N85S004U04 Prepare dental equipment and instruments
- N85S004U05 Carryout assisting functions of the clinical procedures
- N85S004U06 Provide basic life support
- N85S004U07 Practice workplace communication and interpersonal relations
- N85S004U08 Apply occupational literacy and numeracy
- N85S004U09 Work in teams
- N85S004U10 Practice occupational health and safety procedures in a dental clinic