Laboratory Assistant (NVQ Level 03)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 12 months
- On the Job Training – 06 months
- O/ Level or NVQ Level III Certificate
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S010Q2L4
Laboratory Assistant NVQ Level III certificate
Register your seat
- N85S007U01 Clean and arrange Laboratory
- N85S007U04Prepare laboratory wastes for disposal
- N85S007U05Maintain and operate laboratory apparatus, tools, equipment and glassware
- N85S007U06 Assist to maintain stocks, Records of laboratory consumables and Laboratory items
- N85S007U07 Carryout work place communication
- N85S007U08 Apply workplace literacy and numeracy
- N85S007U09 Work in teams
- N85S007U10Practice occupational health and safety measures