Nurse assistant (NVQ Level 03)
Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) is a creation of eminent academic people to provide high-quality medical education at an affordable cost to achieve universal health care.
- To provide training that will enable them to work in hospitals, long- term care facilities, or home care set up, consultant’s clinics etc.
- To produce intellectual and professionally competent Health Care Assistants.
- To encourage in participating in continuing education.
- Registered in Private Health Sector Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka.
- Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka.
- Theory and practical – 08 months.
- On the Job Training – 03 months.
- Minimum qualification – Gr.10 – Gr.11.
- Age between 18 to 45.
- The candidates who qualify the above conditions will undergo a screening test. Only the successful candidate from this screening can register for the program.
National Competency Standards
Competency Standard Code – N85S002 Q1L3.
NVQ Level III Certificate.
- N85S002BM01 Communication Skills for Workplace.
- N85S002BM02. Roles and Responsibilities of a Nurse Assistant N85S002BM03Occupational Safety & Health.
- N85S002BM04 Team Work.
- N85S002M01 Basic Anatomy and Physiology.
- N85S002M02 Unit Preparation.
- N85S002M03 Cliental Hygiene and Grooming.
- N85S002M04 Nutritional needs and Techniques.
- N85S002M05 Eliminatory needs.
- N85S002M06 Vital Signs.
- N85S002M07 Medication.
- N85S002M11 Care of wound.
- N85S002M14 Basics in First Ai.